|They gave us fucking horns!|
Being a resto druid in 2v2 arenas can be intense, but very rewarding. First off, forget everything you know about raid healing. Your still using the same heals, but in very different ways. The pvp gear leaves your usual stats very low, the idea being to gain Resilience instead. The debate can rage forever, but i like to have 3k at a minimum to have a chance in arenas. Do know you'll be getting focused on ALL THE TIME if your opponents have a clue as to what they are doing, and the resil saves your furry ass more than anything else. Oh yea, your spec, going to have to change it, and pick up ability's you have sworn off. Pick your spec for what you think you'll use, but know the first time you miss a cyclone and get murdered because of it, your going to want to respec.
I've learned alot quick, and the info can be very overwhelming, so i'll just leave some quick pointers everyone should know.
|This Spec Will make any raid healer cry, and rightfully so|
- Swiftmend/cyclone can stop more damage then sw/healing touch will give, use it or fail.
- Never forget nature's grasp, it can piss many a melee dps off, and is one of our few ccs
- using entangling roots and then line-of-sight'ing casters is very effective.
- use Skull bash when a healing is hardcasting. this stops the cast and any heals for 4 seconds.
- "Wait, i need to use feral abilities" Yessir, open with pounce, keep bash and skull bash handy if you want to truly dominate. using all of your utility's is the only way to prevail.
- Cyclone can be cast 3 times on one target before they become immune, use it to shut down/interrupt healers, kinda all we got.
- Immunity only lasts a minute or so, so keep using cyclone all through the fight
- Don't get your four-piece bonus, get the 2 piece bonus from the boomkin gear for free resilience.
|Big sexy heals|
More to come as i learn more, the last 2 weeks have been crazy busy raiding and working and having a social life. I'll get back on updates for everyone.